cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone for repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giving a 6 month old faulty iphone 7+ 256GB for repair.

Fault was finded and I received... "Grade-A" iphone with 90 days warranty only.

I paid for new iphone 7+, so if is faulty why O2 send me as replacement "grade A" phone instead of a brand new?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will for sure, whichever way it works out !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tommorow have appointment in my local Citizen Advice, explained all things by phone first and consultant just smile over the phone and confirmed that O2 t&c is against the consumer rights and will help me to open complaint or if I not get any reply from O2 - a case in Court

How lies O2 staff:

part of chat transcription:

"

JAROSLAW: still not received a reply for my question: it's fair and legal to send used, grade A phone if a faulty phone is under 12 month guarantee
JAROSLAW: ??
RITA: Yes it is not fair.
JAROSLAW: Please reply, if you have no idea - ask your manager
JAROSLAW: How to return my phone? And because it's now 13 days from reporting a fault: when I can expect brand new phone?
RITA: To return the phone you need to call on

0344 809 0202

the returns team will collect it and send a new phone to you.
JAROSLAW: also (regaring a fair or not) - it's LEGAL to send grade A phone if faulty phone been under 12 month guarantee and bought them as new (not as grade A)
JAROSLAW: Can I return this phone to local UK store?
JAROSLAW: also (regaring a fair or not) - it's LEGAL to send grade A phone if faulty phone been under 12 month guarantee and bought them as new (not as grade A)
RITA: Yes you can return it to O2 store.
JAROSLAW: if you font know - please ask your manager
RITA: I understand it is not legal to send Grade A phone."

Other info giving me today via Facebook page:

"Thanks for taking the time to explain this, if your device was within warranty and over 30 days old it is correct that a replacement is provided if we're unable to repair your original device the replacement wouldn't be brand new, sorry."

And last info from Facebook page too, writing a moment ago:

"Once you've had your phone for longer than 14 days, it's classed as 'used' and if we were to replace it under warranty, we'd replace it with a refurbished phone. We wouldn't replace your used phone with a brand new phone, we're sorry for any confusion"

So everything is depend from person who writing. Finally when I call to 202 I just get 3 words: "kiss my a....."

Nobody was interested to offer me a new phone...

Also some informations from me, copied from O2 facebook page to explain a problem and why I care about new phone:

A true is one: you selling phones with 12 month manufacturer guarantee. Whats does mind "manufacturer guarantee"??:
"A guarantee is usually included for free with the product you’re buying. It’s a promise from the trader or manufacturer that they’ll repair or replace the item, or give you a refund, if it becomes faulty within a certain amount of time."
and:
"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, products must be of ‘satisfactory quality’, ‘fit for purpose’ and ‘as described’, as well as lasting for a ‘reasonable’ amount of time."

So under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - you breach my rights giving me product previously used. I bought a new product and expect a new product!! Expecially when I bought a NEW PRODUCT (AND I BEEN 1ST PHONE USER), with grade A - I can be 2nd, 3rd or 10th PHONE USER!!!!

Do you know why I need a new phone? Because I don't like to think that this grade A phone has been used by somebody who never washing hands or keep this phone in pants between balls because haven't pockets in trousers !!

If somebody was interested do join conversation here or on O2 facebook page - you are more that welcome - TOGETHER WE CAN DO MORE

Just paid last few hundred £££ for my other iphones and moved to different mobile network. WIll not write where - because this may breach O2 forum rules..
At the moment from 6 phones in O2 (3 pay monthly + 3 pay&go) I stay with 1, so they lost and can't expect any further money for my 5 phones... This is how O2 consumer support works and this show - how much they can loss.

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Do let us know how you get on. 

Indeed. A very interesting case. Would be great to hear the outcome...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can guess......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I already know the answer 

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Just back from Citizen Advice, but have another appointment today at 2.30pm with specialized in similar matters lawyer, so defo will be in touch today late afternoon 😉

Message 18 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous. As said.. we are all interested in knowing what they advise...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 20 of 22