cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone for repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giving a 6 month old faulty iphone 7+ 256GB for repair.

Fault was finded and I received... "Grade-A" iphone with 90 days warranty only.

I paid for new iphone 7+, so if is faulty why O2 send me as replacement "grade A" phone instead of a brand new?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's all covered in the contract T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions but your warranty will run until the end of the original handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

A problem is not with guarantee expiry date...

I still need to pay monthly for "brand new iPhone", for over a year...

When I paid everything in full - I think to sell my phone as I always care about all my phones.

Still have original package and all accessories from prevoius phone - but if I try to sell them - no oroginal package, because grade A phone comes with o2 retail box

SHAME O2!!

I can go directly to Apple store with faulty phone and instead can get brand new replacement, not a "grade A" used phone!!!

It's look like swindlers working on O2 only. SOrry for hard words - but it's true

Message 3 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hardly a swindle but I do see your point. This is why we always advise dealing with the manufacturer rather than with O2 for repairs. 

Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes indeed. If you check other posts on here we ALWAYS advise going to the manufacturer and especially to Apple.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have gone straight to Apple but o2 if they replace it's always a refurbished phone

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just used "chat with us" option and a O2 operator agree with me and confirm that is not fair and not legal exchange phone (bought new one in October and under 12 month guarantee) for a second hand item.

My english is not really good (but not bad as well) but I know that Grade A does mind "second hand" item.

Also been in Grimsby O2 store, speaking with man who had "20 year experience" and he said that it's a standard procedure when O2 giving second hand phones instead of brand new.

I been in store only, because chat operator suggesting to leave phone at store (they can return phone to correct department) and ask for brand new replacement (which will come directly to my house).

Anyway - man in O2 store, said that I need to call to 202. My old phone (problem with overheating) has beed currectly "recycled" lol and I can't receive my old phone, so can't go to Apple store

Also because I live in place where and anywhere is far away - nearest Apple store is in Sheffield - 70miles from me...

Terrible experience, expecially that I am in O2 for at least 7 years, with 3 contract + 3 pay&go phones.

Best idea is to get sim free iPhone, so I can return them in future by post. If I get phone from O2, probably I can't return them by post to Apple.

Thinking to inform Apple UK as well about this what doing O2 with customers, because this poor service ruin good Apple reputation.

Conclusion: everything is fine till you pay and till everything works.

If something happen - there is no correct person in O2 who can help and sort matter quick as possible.

Finally - calling to 202, after a conversation with somebody, I been asked to call to 0344 8090 202 (!!) OMG - this is same phone number

Decided to go to Citizen Advice tomorrow and leaving O2 soon as possible and move to different mobile operator, hope I find some better network

Thanks for all replys and suggestion!

Jarek

Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know how it works out for you please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck with your planned action though if you are looking to change network you will need to pay off your present contract. 

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, will let you know - hope this help for other customers with similair problems in future!

Message 10 of 22