Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Community Manager

Re: Phone STOLEN

@Beenherebefore When a phone is logged a stolen the account is usually blocked temporarily so customers have to go through DPA when reporting a stolen or lost phone. It's not something that can be done off the back of a single forum post. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Beenherebefore When a phone is logged a stolen the account is usually blocked temporarily so customers have to go through DPA when reporting a stolen or lost phone. It's not something that can be done off the back of a single forum post. 

@Martin-O2 why not in myo2 as the customer has to clear security to enter that and in myo2 the customer has control of the account ?

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 113

@Martin-O2......my point was O2, with the info Community Admin could supply them, could phone the customer to verify if the phone had been stolen.

It's called being proactive !!!.....at the moment nobody knows if the phone has been registered stolen or not.

The customer probably thought by posting on here that they had notified O2 of the theft. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Community Manager

@adamtemp64 It would make sense to have the option there but there could be a reason for it not being included. I can certainly ask the question for you though Smiley Wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature