cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone STOLEN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am on holiday in Indonesia and my iphone was stolen yesterday from a bus. I have put it to lost mode via icloud. But obviously by being aboad it is difficult and the time difference to communicate back to the UK. I don't have another phone to contact you and I ahve been blocked out of my email account that is set up with you. I don't seem to be able to find an email address on your website or any other useful information for stolen phones and the corect protocol. I would like to block the simcard thank you. Please email me back to confirm this. I will be back in England on July 21st and will be able to get in touch in person then. Thank you 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Beenherebefore When a phone is logged a stolen the account is usually blocked temporarily so customers have to go through DPA when reporting a stolen or lost phone. It's not something that can be done off the back of a single forum post. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Beenherebefore When a phone is logged a stolen the account is usually blocked temporarily so customers have to go through DPA when reporting a stolen or lost phone. It's not something that can be done off the back of a single forum post. 

@Martin-O2 why not in myo2 as the customer has to clear security to enter that and in myo2 the customer has control of the account ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Martin-O2......my point was O2, with the info Community Admin could supply them, could phone the customer to verify if the phone had been stolen.

It's called being proactive !!!.....at the moment nobody knows if the phone has been registered stolen or not.

The customer probably thought by posting on here that they had notified O2 of the theft. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@adamtemp64 It would make sense to have the option there but there could be a reason for it not being included. I can certainly ask the question for you though wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 14