cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone STOLEN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am on holiday in Indonesia and my iphone was stolen yesterday from a bus. I have put it to lost mode via icloud. But obviously by being aboad it is difficult and the time difference to communicate back to the UK. I don't have another phone to contact you and I ahve been blocked out of my email account that is set up with you. I don't seem to be able to find an email address on your website or any other useful information for stolen phones and the corect protocol. I would like to block the simcard thank you. Please email me back to confirm this. I will be back in England on July 21st and will be able to get in touch in person then. Thank you 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous unfortunately we cannot block your phone on here as we are just customers like yourself. 

Help and advice here though 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/bc-p/1023990#M54

It's also a good idea to remove your number as the forum is public. 

Good luck. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous unfortunately we cannot block your phone on here as we are just customers like yourself. 

Help and advice here though 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/bc-p/1023990#M54

It's also a good idea to remove your number as the forum is public. 

Good luck. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I really hope @Anonymous comes back so she will see this isn't customer services. In these circumstances as the OP is abroad and obviously has access to the internet she may be better to get in touch with live chat to report the loss (unless they can borrow a phone) as this should be done asap  Her email address should also be removed as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks guys hopefully she will see the email notifications from the mentions.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks guys hopefully she will see the email notifications from the mentions.

But even if she doesn't, her number was shown so O2 can action the block process surely ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a good suggestion @Beenherebefore I'll ask if it can be done this way. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

A quick update on @Beenherebefore's suggestion. For a phone to be reported customers will have to go through DPA and security and as such this will have to be done through customer services or the lost and stolen number. 

signature

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can see that especially when anyone could report someone's phone stolen but it's a difficult situation when someone is overseas and they have a problem getting through or the process isn't working. This is the whole problem of people believing they are speaking to customer service and our displeasure that this still hasn't been made clear to new members joining because they do think it's customer service.

A case of damned if you do and damned if you don't but I do appreciate it's a DPA issue

Message 8 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie I think that's what it boils down to. Anyone could report a phone stolen either as a joke or maliciously. I think as it involves making changes to the account the DPA is a necessary step.  

signature

Message 9 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

A quick update on @Beenherebefore's suggestion. For a phone to be reported customers will have to go through DPA and security and as such this will have to be done through customer services or the lost and stolen number. 

So effectively what O2 are saying is that they do not trust the officially appointed O2 Community management to pass on the number of the stolen phone ??????.......and that you could be committing fraud ??????

I'm sure DP legislation doesn't specify that. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 14