Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can't hear me but I can hear them

Paulfires2018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

New iphone XR 10 days ago on a new O2 account (new SIM) having left EE. All set up now and sorted - except people keep saying they can't hear me - my voice goes in and out all the time. I've done a recording on the phone in same position - fine. Speaking over WhatsApp - seems fine according to people on other end. Been the same at home and up in Derby in the house and outside. I do have a Ottabox case but the mic is clearly not blocked. I've tried turning off noise cancelling ans done a network re-set. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ottabox cases while good can block or muffle mics or speakers. I used to have an ottabox myself on an iPhone 3GS & had to remove due to this type of interference 

Message 11 of 13

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie - my dad’s the same, usually when he’s forgotten to turn his hearing aid on 😄
Message 12 of 13

Paulfires2018
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all - thanks for all your posts - very helpfull. I'm going to try another cheap case for a few days - if not I'll get the phone changed. I had the same issues when 80 miles from home on Friday so I'm dont think its the network. Either the case or a dodgy mic. Thanks again - and for the laugh about mental stuff!

Message 13 of 13