Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Pay and Go Tariffs on iPhone 5?

I currently have an iPhone 4 on a 'Text and Web' pay and go tariff, I get 300 texts, and 500mb data which is plenty for what I need. Would I still be able to use this same tariff on the iPhone 5?

Thanks

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Pay and Go Tariffs on iPhone 5?

No reason why not just have to purchase the 5 and a nano sim you should be ok to carry on using your service
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

So if I bought the iPhone 5 and used the Sim Swap service by O2, does that mean my current tariff will also transfer to the new nano sim as well as my phone number?

Level 44: Clearly Talented

In theory yes. However I think with only 500mb data the new iOS will eat that very quickly.

Best to call CS. And double check but I'm confident it would be fine the sim is what sets the contract not the phone and if you already have a iPhone plan for the 4 you should be fine for the 5Smiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Yes it will work.

All they do is tel customer service and transfer your details, tariff and credit from your old sim to your new one. Took all of 10 mins in store and approximate 1 hour in my case to go live.

Or you can use the links on 02 to perform the sim swap. I just prefer to talk to someone. !

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the help guys, just phoned up customer services and they confirmed that the sim swap would transfer the credit, tariff and phone number to the new nano sim. Smiley Happy