cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment I'm with EE and they have Pay & Go time limits (so many days) but because I mostly use WiFi it hardlyever gets used up.  Is there a time limit with O2 or is it available until I've actually used up my data?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Some of the tariffs include bundled call, text and data allowances (similar to your EE I assume) and these allowances expire after 30 days even if not used.
The simply pay as you tariff is just money on your account, which you use until it's gone then top up again, even if that is only every 6 months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
30 days for any tariff with a bundle but there is a no bundle option which just uses credit that never expires.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

This is the Simply PAYG option

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/simply-pay-as-you-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what you mean by a 'bundle'.  You say there's no bundle option & it's credit that never expires, does this mean that I can use the credit until I've actually used it up or would I be no better off than I am now with EE?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Some of the tariffs include bundled call, text and data allowances (similar to your EE I assume) and these allowances expire after 30 days even if not used.
The simply pay as you tariff is just money on your account, which you use until it's gone then top up again, even if that is only every 6 months.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At the moment I'm with EE and they have Pay & Go time limits (so many days) but because I mostly use WiFi it hardlyever gets used up.  Is there a time limit with O2 or is it available until I've actually used up my data?

I'm with EE (I moved from O2) and although I don't use the method I describe (I have an everything pack with EE which lasts for 30 days).

If I have picked you up correctly, you can do what you want to with EE, no need to move network.

Send a text with STOP PACK to 150 immediately before you top-up to prevent the pack activating and then you can use it as normal pay and go and from then on, top up as and when you need to when your credit has been used up.

Message 6 of 6