cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid a deposit on my new iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi can anyone tell me why I have had to pay a deposit of £100 for my new iPhone 6. The tariff plan chosen did not state a deposit was required. On my bill it states the deposit is being held. Can anyone please advise if I will get the deposit back?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It's a standard practice by O2 on some new accounts though they should point out the reasons at the time of ordering. It will be returned after 3 consecutive bill payments are made on time, though if you have direct debits in place there won't be a problem.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, sometimes the deposit is due to your credit rating. It would be refunded after 2 or 3 months of you being an O2 customer.
I had to pay £150 7years ago when I joined O2.
Also sometimes if you are already a customer & need a second contract they also ask you to pay a refundable deposit. Don't worry too much they would use it to clear your bill in a few months time.
Enjoy your iPhone 6. 🙂
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Sometimes this happens to new customers and or because your credit file may not be a good score.

After 3 months the deposit is returned as long as you keep your account in good order and your bills paid on time.

Nice choice of phone.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Just make sure you don't fall behind on your bills within the first 3 months and you can choose to have it credited back to your O2 account (to pay future bills from) or back to your bank account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It's a standard practice by O2 on some new accounts though they should point out the reasons at the time of ordering. It will be returned after 3 consecutive bill payments are made on time, though if you have direct debits in place there won't be a problem.

Message 5 of 5