cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page keeps opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had my iPad since Christmas and visit a football message board most days but this evening a different page keeps opening. I can open the board and maybe read one page but when I click on page 2 or go to another thread a whole different site opens, called The Doctors. Granted it's January and I've been reading lots of lose weight sites (😞)but haven't looked at this site and it's now a pain in my, big, backside! Any tips on how to stop this please?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sorry, forgot to add, what you are seeing is probably an ad set by the site owners to generate revenue for the site. If you don't want ads to pop up, use a browser that allows you to to add an adblock extension to prevent them.
Google link here for Safari extensions https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=adblock+safari
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been back on the site and others have had the same problem. Seemingly it's a phishing ( found out a few months ago that word in not pronounced pishing!) scam and a few other sites have been bothered with it too.
In saying that I love coming on here as I feel my vocabulary expand and you make me actually look at all the things on my iPad rather than just turn it on and hope for the best. So thank you all and love and best wishes for 2015.
Please remember those nice wishes next time I come on asking daft questions! 😉
Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You're most welcome anytime, you know that slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In saying that I love coming on here as I feel my vocabulary expand and you make me actually look at all the things on my iPad rather than just turn it on and hope for the best. So thank you all and love and best wishes for 2015.
Please remember those nice wishes next time I come on asking daft questions! 😉

Best wishes for 2015  to you @Anonymous Come back any time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Java is not the same as Javascript as much that's miscontrued or really cared about, I think that's relevant. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I'll read up about both. 😊
Message 16 of 17

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Yes i tried my best to keep that straightforward as possible.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 17 of 17