cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a 5s online - what does "in stock" actually mean...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been looking at buying a 5s from O2 online - obviously the silver and gold ones are shown as out of stock but the space grey ones are still shown as "in stock".

Having crosssed swords with O2 et al before over this type of thing I was wondering if anyone can shed light on what "in stock" actually means when O2 use the term. I note there are a few unhappy bunnies on this forum regarding delivery dates....

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
slowly but surly - I like it 🙂
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93298 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed. It shouldn't be though. Either they've got the stock or not and their ordering system should reflect that.
But then what do I know? I'm not a multinational company dealing with thousands of online orders a day and the first telco to even sell the iPhone in the UK 😉
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's settled then le_bouch. wink

Lol.

They are in business to take on new orders so that's what they are going to do.

It seems their systems are in overdrive and obviously not always correct.

Apple have it right themselves by just saying despatch date is October !!
Message 14 of 16

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@I ordered yesterday (Sunday @10am) and phone was delivered today 13:00, I ordered 5s in space grey 16gb. Which was showing as in stock. the lady on the phone told me they were out of stock & wait time of 3-6 weeks was to be expected!! which to be fair I had expected then get the delivery email with tracking details saying delivery 23/9!! so I cant complain at all!

Same experience for me yesterday with a 64GB Space Grey. Rang to upgrade yesterday and was quoted 3-6 weeks. Received a dispatch email about 4 hours after ordering with my tariff updated in myO2 and my phone is out for delivery this afternoon

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a really bizarre situation...

Rough paraphrase of my order last night at 22:00

Me: O2 online shop shows 32GB iPhone 5s Space Grey instock .... if i order now, would i get it in a couple days?

O2: You can order today for deferred delivery ... 3 - 6 weeks...Shall i proceed?

Me: No!... so you're actually out-of-stock .... thanks ... will leave it then

O2: Let me check again

O2: Ok ... we have them in-stock. Shall i proceed?

Me: Ok. You're sure?

O2: Yes.

follows usual buying routine..... i have an order with Apple anyway but thought i'd chance it...

Basically my 5S just shipped - have tracking number etc and my sim card was just provisioned for 4G

Message 16 of 16