cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One contact receiving randomly old texts from me instead of new one?!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So, I have a weird problem.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, on O2 and I have one contact in my phone book who, when I send him an SMS/text, replies to say that he has received a message from me, but it's an old message that was originally sent and received weeks or months ago, instead of the message I actually just wrote and sent.

It doesn't always happen but seems to be pot luck whether he gets the message I intended, or some random historic message from me instead.

On my end, this only happens with him, and for him, this only happens with me.

I have tried deleting his contact and re-entering it etc, and also, I thought that requesting a delivery report by putting *0# before each message might have helped for a while, but the problem still persists.

I have no problem receiving correct texts from him, by the way.

I just rang O2, where a disinterested operative just said it must be my friend's fault, and that was that, but I asked that it be looked in to.

Given that I fully expect O2 to say there's nothing wrong their end and it must be my friend's fault, does anyone know what might be going on here?

My friend is on Virgin and has a very basic Nokia phone (not a Smartphone - he's a bit of a Luddite...), if that's any help.

Thanks

M

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, yes, I'll stick to sending him short texts and see if that continues to be ok....

Technology eh....

More like lack of.... with regards to the Nokia. 

Message 11 of 11