cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once again o2 mess up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right i have just ordered my iphone 5 upgrade with o2 via the phone and the handset cost should be £25 but its saying its £79.99..

Not a great start to a upgrade

Delivery option Not Applicable
Total (excluding VAT)
£66.66
VAT
£13.33
Total (including VAT)
£79.99
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you've been offered it at £25 it will be on the basis of an account credit for the difference between what it should be and what you've been offered it at.

So when your bill is produced you'll see the full charge under "Orders" and the credit for the difference under "Other Credits/Charges".

In short, don't panic, and O2 haven't messed up wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read that the iPhone 5 is out of stock online but on the other hand I've seen people walk into 02 shops and walk out with one either on upgrade or new contract.

Why cant you have the deal with the lower cost ?

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

which tariff have you upgraded to

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iphone 5 black 16GB is in stock i have had a txt saying its coming tomorrow
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple iPhone 5 16GB Black O2 Unlimited+ 2GB 24mth £36 and it was £25 for the handset.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you've been offered it at £25 it will be on the basis of an account credit for the difference between what it should be and what you've been offered it at.

So when your bill is produced you'll see the full charge under "Orders" and the credit for the difference under "Other Credits/Charges".

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just rung them and when i put the order in they didnt tell me £55 will be put as a credit on my next bill

Message 7 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Maybe you should edit the title of your post now? wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a communication problem to me which sounds like its been amicably resolved.

As far as the OP was concerned 02 did mess up ,but now has greater understanding ref the highlighted solution.
Message 10 of 11