cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have an old iphone that I have kept after upgrading.  I now want to give it to a young relative of mine but it is locked to O2 how can I unlock it.  It doesn't have a current contract on it or a sim card. ??

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Community help link here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's on the index thread now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link ...  I'm currently going through O2 & the unlatching process.  Not working out to be as straight forward as it should be.  Had 4 emails last night all the same telling me they could'nt unlatch as I didn't pass the security questions ?????  I think they were looking at the wrong phone anyway.

Phoned them today and have been told its now all in the pipeline so just waiting on the email to say it done....  we will see, fingers crossed.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many fail the security check as it isn't always clear that they need the security word on the account rather than the password.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and link.  I filled that form in and just like you say, got 4 emails back last night saying I had failed the security.  Phoned today and fingers crossed all sorted, just waiting on the email to say its been done.

slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11