Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old iphone 5c

John-Kay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I need some help, my wife has an account with Tesco mobile and after some years she upgraded to a nokia phone which she hates, I had an old iphone 5c in the drawer from years ago with O2, it has not been used for 3 years. I no longer have a contract with O2 or use the phone.  So I changed the old iphone 5c SIM put in the Teso SIM and it worked! very happy really likes the small phone and its functions. My question is how do i get it unlocked from O2 so I can use other SIMs on holiday and here? I do not have a contract and i do not have an O2 number or an account? could someone please help?

Regards

John

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @John-Kay help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... 

Follow the PAYG route......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @John-Kay help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... 

Follow the PAYG route......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

John-Kay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi M15, Thanks for the prompt reply, I have completed the form as a payg customer, the only questionable answer was state the balance? as it is a TESO monthly £8.50p I put £8.50p and submitted the form, also I have no password but it is not required and the form has been submitted/accepted?. We will wait and see.

Thanks again.

John

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @John-Kay I'm afraid it will fail. 

You need an O2 payg sim, free from here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=classicpayasyougo 

It will cost you £10 to top it up as you must use the phone on O2 but the actual unlock part is free.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4