Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old iPhone 5s

Tillyone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My old iPhone Apple 5s is redundant and I want to give it to a friend.  She, unfortunately, has a sim for EE.  My old phone is locked to 02.  How do I get it unlocked?  I have seen the websites but am not that good on the iPad.  If I did go down the route of trying to unlock it do I have to put my 02 SIM card in the phone I want to unblock, or, put her EE SIM card in?  Or do it without a SIM card. Do I quote my mobile number?  I'm very confused.

I would have liked to have spoken to a 'real' person at the end of the phone but it's all pre-recorded questions.  Even 'phoned the shops in town but they ring and ring and ring!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Tillyone Please take a look at this link, which will help you:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simply put your O2 sim in the phone and use it for a couple of days  The  go to My O2 and click on the unlock phone link either via the app or online. 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The phone number you use doesn't matter at all, that's simply a number to send a text notification to.
The important number is the IMEI number which can be found by typing *#06# into the phone app on the phone. This is the number of the handset required for the unlock process.
If you used it on contract until recently, o2 will still have the details on the system and the unlock will be free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Tillyone
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this information; I have now completed the questions and hoping to receive a response in the next 14 days.

Message 5 of 10

Tillyone
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this information, especially with regard to retrieving the number

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's usually done very quickly so fingers crossed and let us know when it's (hopefully) done for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Tillyone, just wanted to check how you're getting on with the unlocking - have you made any progress yet after completing the form? slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

Tillyone
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 have now advised the phone is unlocked so my friend is coming tomorrow to finish the process with her EE card. Thanks for the quick, helpful information.
Message 10 of 10