cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Often my iPhone 4S doesn't always ring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes my phone doesn't ring when someone calls, goes straight to voicemail even when I have it in my hand. It's not on silent. Why?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It can and does happen from time to time.
I guess it's all down to how busy the network is at the time but nothing you can do to influence it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the voicemail tip does not work try resetting your iPhone via holding the sleep/wake button and home button together, until the apple logo appears and then let go.

and or Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.

Remove and clean the sim card.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
or switch networks..... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You might also want to check that you have the latest updates installed - One was release today apparently which is supposed to fix some bugs - Not specifically your bug, but you never know........?
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/12/09/apple-releases-ios-8-1-2/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Could be a hardware issue, my wife had a 4s that sometimes didn't ring. Turned out to be the ringer unit at fault, she got it secondhand at a CEX store and got the phone swapped successfully.
Message 7 of 7