cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 update text for iPhone 7 /7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all so for many of us this is the day we've been told to expect a txt with an update so I thought I'd start a post to see what ppl have been told I've not recused my text yet so here's hoping 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spoken with CS who even after this apparent text which I have again not recieved today, anyone whos phone hasnt been delivered will get a text today advising of delivery date. Are there now further mis-communications? I just want to know when to expect my phone 😞

Message 21 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done believe what 02 tell you. Outright liars. Am disgusted by their customer service but am waiting until the process is complete before making a complaint. I was told it was coming launch day after I pre ordered. Launch day came and went. never arrived. No text. no email. I called the Saturday - after being on the phone to someone for about half an hour they then told me, after putting me on hold and apparently calling UK Mail, that “great news! my phone IS On its way, and would be with me between 1 and 5pm Saturday!”. Fantastic. I waited in. nothing came. Called them 5.00pm they told me whoever told me that had lied. Yes. You read that correct. I had to send my old phone off as I had sold it to music magpie. I am now left with an old Samsung for £10. They then told me to wait until today for an update. Low and behold… no update. no text. no change in order status. AND i even got a text yesterday from 02 saying “Cant wait to accessorise your new phone!? get 20% off …..blah blah.” Are they for real!?!?!?!

Message 22 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just appalled by their awful customer service. Firstly they sell and promise phones that they did not have. Secondly they cannot get their stories straight and tell you a different thing every time you ring. Thirdly they cannot confirm when they will deliver something they have taken my money for.

I can understand that demand has been massive, but they have handled the whole situation awfully and are letting their customers down with a lack of info or misinformation. Not good enough.

Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, i had a call asking if i wanted to upgrade to iphone 7

Told him to look at my account as im still awaiting this one, he was lost for words.

"err i guess you dont want another one then"

darn right i dont, cant even get the first one. lol

Message 24 of 40

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Nice to see that all my colleagues on EE have had theirs today. 

Been on EE website and they have loads of models in stock for same day dispatch 😞

Message 25 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like a number of others, I cancelled my online order and went into an O2 shop and got a new iphone 7 there and then.  My upfront money paid when I pre-ordered will be refunded within seven working days.  As I said on another thread, check with shop for availablity before cancelling your original order.  This also ensures that shop system will show you are due an upgrade when you visit.  I phoned to cancel at 3.20pm and had to wait about 15 minutes in phone queue.  However, it was all very straighforward and an hour later I was walking out of the shop with an iphone 7 128gb in matt black (originally ordered 32gb).  Timescale even included the shop assistant setting up my phone and arranging my £230 for recycling my 6+ handset.  I was just not prepared to wait for weeks on end for my new phone to arrive and it was a very worthwhile decision.  By the way, I love the phone and it's quick!  The bad news is that shop said they may not have plus models until December!

Message 26 of 40

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
No email for me, so online chat again. I'm really beginning to enjoy these chat sessions some are worth of comedy sketches 😂. After 30 minutes of waiting I got told.... wait for it... iPhone 7 plus is out of stock 😱 Shock horror! Then I was very kindly asked if I wanted the CS advisor if I wanted him to re-submit the order? 🤔 Because that'll help. My original question was when will I be getting the one I ordered so I'm not sure where this brainwave came from. So after all the BS I've had over the last 7 days with near to a dozen credit checks (that I passed) done on me for a iPad Pro I don't have nor am I getting online CS wants do another credit check on me to order an iPhone (that's already on order) because they're out of stock🙈 Seriously?! This to me honestly sounds like a Mitchell & Web sketch.
Message 27 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received anything from O2 in terms of communications since the pre-order confirmation.

I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black which was confirmed at 08:15 on 09/09.

Have spoken to web chat advisors twice and been told different stories.

My wife got hers on launch day from EE, after receiving a text on the Wednesday before (14th) and confirming the delivery address. So other carriers aren't having the same issues as O2 (not saying they're not having issues, but seemingly not to the same extent).

If I wasn't receiving 50% Friends and Family I'd have left a LONG time ago.

Message 28 of 40

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear that some of you are awaiting info. I posted an update here earlier today. As any new info is available, we shall update the page below also:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/iphone-offers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 40

gjdemon6646
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your responce.

I dont mean to be rude as you are only ever going to get negative comments on forums.

The way this has been handled this year in particular is apalling. For the size of your network we should be kept informed better.

I havent ordered a 7 plus so i dont want to be directed to information about it all the time. i just want a realisttic update on when we will get our phones that we have paid for.

Message 30 of 40