andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Caution and pay attention

Did you order a new iphone 8 or 8 plus
Did you select the £5 insurance to protect your phone

Well then your at risk if you accidentally drop your phone and smash you are NOT PROTECTED. You need to take the £10 or £12 insurance. It is not offered online.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Clearly stated if you read what's covered.

ins.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Correct but there are some people out there thought the £5 a month insurance was complete cover, the full insurance should be offered online
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just proves that it pays to research what you're buying fully before buying then, I guess.
A full range of policies can be bought here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/services/mobile-insurance
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But somebody who doesn’t know takes the £5 thing as proper insurance. How hard is it to include the 3 different insurances free £5 and £10 to make sure customers insured
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess they think further cover isn't required as you get a free screen replacement anyway?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But the £5 insurance doesn’t cover water damage and free screen replacement is limited to one claim over 24 months
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I suggest you take it up with customer service then mate. Nothing we can do here about it.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

andrewstevenson
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It hasn’t happened to me it’s to raise awareness to make sure no customer ends up in position
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That’s assuming that
A - they read this thread and
B - they don’t check the T&C’s.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10