Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi & 4G Calling

Agent47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have followed the instructions on the O2 website in how to enable Wifi and 4G Calling on my settings on my iPhone 6s, but it does not work. My OS and Carrier settings are all up to date as per criteria.

The online chat helpline, customer services and O2 rep in-store have confirmed from my O2 account that I am set up for Wifi and 4G calling. I have also double checked this aswell on my O2 account online and my O2 app and it does state that I am wifi & 4g enabled.

However, when I go to settings > mobile data > mobile data options > enable 4g and click on ‘voice & data’ it states, “Cannot Activate 4G Calls – to enable 4g calls on this account, contact O2

Likewise, when I go to settings > phone > wifi calling and try to switch on ‘wifi calling on this iphone’ it states, ‘enable wifi calling?’ So, I click on ‘enable’ and it states, “to allow wifi calling on this account, contact O2

The O2 rep in-store just passed me on to telephone customer services and the woman just said, 'reset your network settings'.

I am hesitant to do this as I need to know firstly, is this going to solve the issue (does she know what she is talking about i.e. she initially told me that iphone 6s doesn't support wifi & 4g calling !!!) and secondly, it resets everything to factory settings!

I don't know how this would implicate on my phone, I know wifi pw are reset but what about other stuff etc???

Please assist, many thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm WiFi and 4G Calling started working for me today with no notification. Carrier settings O2 28.5.8.

It would seem to me that when enabling the feature through My O2, it takes longes than the advertised 24h to get enabled. In the end though, it works. 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It won't reset everything on your phone.
The only thing you may have to do is re enter wifi passwords.
It worth trying before anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Agent47
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5,

Update:

Ok, so I spoke with O2 Chat online and the 'reset network settings' didn't solve the issue in anycase 😞

The Guru then came on and tbh, no disrespect, he clearly didn't read my detailed synopsis and couldn't solve it either. Escalated to a case ref number via email.

I asked that a face to face guru appt would surely be better, then they can visually see the problem. I've even taken screenshots.

The guru said no.

Anyone else having similar problems?
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It certainly sounds like an account issue so I wonder if it's worth asking cs to remove it from your account and reapplying it?
Also to check, are you business or consumer tariff and do you have Tu installed.
Some business tariffs don't work and Tu needs deleting first to enable wifi calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some help here to look at too if it helps http://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/wifi-and-4g-calling

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

How long after enabling it on the website did you try and enable it on the handset?

Also what OS Version are you on? and what carrier version?

Are you on a consumer or business tariff? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 13

Agent47
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5,

Yes, I'm a personal customer, not business and I don't have TU slight_smile

Yes, I think it is an account related issue. I will mention to CS about the 'removal' (and subsequent add-on) of the bolt-on before I actually remove it myself (it will only confuse things if I do it now before CS get back to me within 5 days!), but I would've expected this to have been tried by the online chat team or certainly the 'Guru' before they escalated the matter...

@ madasaf1sh - OS iOS 10.3.2 / Carrier O2 28.4 / iPhone 6s. I tried again last night (well over 24 hours) and still didn’t work.
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep us updated with any issues and hopefully the fix please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am suffering from exactly the same issue as Agent47, carrier settings O2 28.5.8.
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's always worth connecting to iTunes to check the latest carrier settings are installed too.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13