Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh 2017 anniversary date.

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didnt want to be at the end of a queue for an iPhone 7plus on 25th September when my 1 year anniversary was up, so I paid off my phone and placed and order through refresh last Friday. The annual replacement was basically a wastew of time for me.

I paid a deposit for my 7Plus as well as the remaining balance of my old phone.

When will my anniversary be for next years iphone ? Do you think it will be 9th Sept, or a year from when I get the actual phone ?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

From past experience it is not the day you upgraded but it would start from the day you receive the phone.

So in other words your contract would start from the day the phone gets delivered.

Hope this helps?

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract will start the day you signed the declaration not when you receive the phone
Message 3 of 16

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you mean 9th September when I got loads of Terms and Conditions emails from O2 ?

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the same problem, last year I pre-ordered on the 12th September but it took till the 3rd October for them to have the handset in stock, so my anniversary date is the 3rd October! Thats the earliest I can order a handset I'm being told. So potentially it may be a week or so after that, so next year... yep the date gets further away from the iphone release date every year

Message 5 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Surely this contract has the same legal standing as any other contract ?

It does state 12 months doesn't it ?

I've not got one of these contracts so I'm asking the question for clarification.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 16

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the question is - 12 months from what 

Ordering the new phone ?

Paying off your last phone ?

Receiving your new phone ?

Paying a deposit for your new phone ?

It certainly seems vague, and a date that gradually slips further away from iphone launch dates each year would be very rubbish, probably to the poont of not making this deal attractive to the type of people O2 seems to be trying to attract (like me...)

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my 6s Plus last year on pre-order day, and received my device on launch day, 25/09/2015.

I went onto the 30GB tarriff with the "free upgrade after 12 months" thing.

This year I couldn't initiate the free upgrade on the pre-order date and would only be able to get the "free upgrade" by upgrading on or after the 25/09/2016, i.e. the 12 month anniversary (to the day) of RECEIVING my 6s Plus last year. As this would have left me waiting MONTHS for my new device. I decided to ignore the "Free" upgrade path.

The same as I did last year, the day before the announcement on the 7th, I "sold" my 6s Plus to Envirofone with a price promise of a value higher than the remaining device plan balance with O2 for my 6s Plus.

I used a CC to pay up my device plan and do a "normal" upgrade early on 09/09/16. I'll use the money from Envirofone to clear the payment on my CC and still have change in my pocket.

Regardless of timing issues with respect to the "Free" upgrade, that path is only cost-effective if the money you can get from selling your device, trading it in,recycling etc IS NOT ENOUGH TO CLEAR YOUR OUTSTANDING DEVICE BALANCE. Or if you can't temporarily pay the plan off until you get the money for your old device.

Message 8 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
The contract activates when you sign/accept it......all contracts are like that not just for phones.

And the contract period starts on that date and finishes 12 months later.

As I said, I've not seen the T&Cs applicable to this type of contract but I would imagine if you had read them before signing then the contract period would have been fairly clear.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore

I appreciate what you're saying dude, but as stated, in my instance the 12 months would be a year after I received my device. I didn't sign any contract on the 25/09/2015, so there seems to be some inconsistency.

Message 10 of 16