cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount is not available for iPhone 5C & iPhone 5S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just recently received an O2 Open 30% discount code which I was going to use on a new O2 Refresh contract for an IPhone 5S. I was told about this offer by the manager of my local O2 store on Saturday. However, I have just been informed by O2 customer services that the O2 Open discount will not be valid for the new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S!!!! O2 never cease to suprise me. First, I get told that there will be NO iPhone 5S's in store on the release date and NOW I get told that I can't use the O2 Open discount code on the new phones!! I am seriously thinking about cancelling my contract with O2 and going with another service provider!!!!

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
You got this by Ringing O2 on 202 ?

I've not seen any suchrestrictions on using the open code

Have you been back to the high street store to ask the same question.
Message 2 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes, I got it direct from O2. I rang 202 to confirm that I had to call into the branch to use the O2 open code in order to get the discount on the airtime tariff. The person I spoke to spoke to his manager and he informed me that it had just been announced that the O2 Open discount would not be available for the new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.

Message 3 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I read the terms and conditions today before ringing 202 and it didn't say that it wasn't available for the 5C & 5S. However, the person I spoke to at 202 informed me that the decision had just been made today by O2 management.

Message 5 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I read the terms and conditions today before ringing 202 and it didn't say that it wasn't available for the 5C & 5S. However, the person I spoke to at 202 informed me that the decision had just been made today by O2 management.

Hi,

Hopefully the o2 Site staff can help.

@Anonymous

@Toby

Can you get clarification on this please ?

Message 6 of 88

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The iphone 5 was precluded for time when launched last year I believe.

Thats naughty of o2

Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree!!! O2 should not be excluding the iPhone 5C and 5S just because they are new phones. It's all about getting extra money for themselves and penalising the customer!!! Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree!!! O2 should not be excluding the iPhone 5C and 5S just because they are new phones. It's all about getting extra money for themselves and penalising the customer!!! Smiley Mad

Totally understand your frustration.

Hopefully the staff can check this out asap.

Message 10 of 88