cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Data Charges Abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some help please. I have come back from 4 days in Morocco and have just had my bill come through for £210.00!!! I checked online before i left for 'Standard abroad charges' and it states all the usual about texts/mins etc and data is £6.00 per MB but data usage would be capped at £40.00 per month. I have spoken with someone at O2 this morning and they are saying that you need the Data Abroad bolt on for this to apply but this isnt what the website states? Looking at the Standard Charges section and then the rest of the world section it clearly states what have i said? Am i going mad here? HELP!! slight_smile Im awaiting a call back from O2 after they offered me a £10.00 discount which i obviously turned down. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like BS to me.
Complaints link here if CS don't refund you http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sounds like BS to me.

Or LC even !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This is the advice you get when an adviser makes it up as he goes along. 

Message 13 of 19

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

What you could do is point them to there own website and make it clear.  I really wish customer care would understand what o2 do sometimes, it really is a shame. 

Let etc us know how you got on as we would like to know,  good luck as well.

stand your ground. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

***UPDATE***

30/5/17 I call o2 and explain the situation yet again to someone different and get the same feedback initially. After 10 mins of arguing she speaks to her manager and agrees that it looks like something has gone wrong their end and that they will be investigating. In the mean time they tell me that my direct debit will be cancelled until i hear back from them with their findings

5/5/17 DIRECT DEBIT GOES OUT OF ACCOUNT WITH NO FEEDBACK FROM THEM! I get straight on the phone to someone else and they tell me that the investigation concluded that i was charged correctly. After again, arguing my case and referring him back to their website he hangs up on me! Get straight back on the phone to another lady and hear the same story.... by this time im really irate with having to repeat myself! This time she is saying that the Data Roaming bolt on is the same as the o2 travel bolt on (?) after previous advisors telling me that they are different! Anyway.... after 15 mins on hold, she comes back and tells me that she is going to credit what i am owed and she would phone me the following day to confirm.

6/5/17 No phonecall received!

12/6/17 Speak to a helpful gentleman who checks the notes on the account and tells me that the money hasnt been refunded but i should receive funds back into my account within 3 working days..... so i wait in anticipation to see if anything actually gets done!

Crazy

Message 15 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous ............have the bailiffs on standby Good Idea

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

None of it sounds very promising but I do hope it gets sorted without any more messing about and further awful phone experiences. 

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you manage to get this sorted out? 

I'm going to Morocco next week, and really struggling to find out the information.  From what I have read in this post, and others about other countries, I am thinking that I might be best to just take a phone without a sim card and hope that I can connect to wi-fi!, so that I can avoid any hidden charges etc. As it seems even turning off all data roaming etc doesn't always work.  Then there is the added voicemail issue that can get you charged.

Message 18 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That would be the safest way.
If you have Tu you can still use calls and texts over wifi back to uk numbers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 19