cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Data Charges Abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some help please. I have come back from 4 days in Morocco and have just had my bill come through for £210.00!!! I checked online before i left for 'Standard abroad charges' and it states all the usual about texts/mins etc and data is £6.00 per MB but data usage would be capped at £40.00 per month. I have spoken with someone at O2 this morning and they are saying that you need the Data Abroad bolt on for this to apply but this isnt what the website states? Looking at the Standard Charges section and then the rest of the world section it clearly states what have i said? Am i going mad here? HELP!! slight_smile Im awaiting a call back from O2 after they offered me a £10.00 discount which i obviously turned down. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous did you turn off mobile data & data roaming before you left? O2 will likely not call you back. You may have to chase them up again 

Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That just isn't true. Data is supposed to be capped at £40/month unless you ask for the higher rate. I've never heard of a data abroad bolt on apart from O2 Travel. 

Call again and try to speak to someone who knows about this. 

Message 3 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie is correct

This >>>>> http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

is quite clear :-

"Email and browse the internet while you're abroad for less. As standard, your data usage will be capped to 50MB (£40) per month.

Our Data Abroad Bolt On increases your standard data limit to 200MB for £120 per month. You can get the Bolt On through My O2."

Note it says "as standard".....if you add the bolt on then the £40 per month cap does not apply and the limit increases to £120.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your comments. They have told me that my data is for some reason capped at £120.00 even though i dont have the bolt on. I have never added this bolt on nor does it show on my o2 app. I turned my data roaming off before i left the country and then turned it on once to use some data but i didnt worry about it due to apparently having this cap of £40.00 which as you have all seen should be set as standard. The advisor told me that i must have added this when i upgraded in January but this was never discussed? Very frustrated here

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes i did turn it off before i left and you are right i haven't had a call back so i will be chasing them again shortly!!
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for this. I dont have the 'Data Abroad bolt on' so this should not apply. Im thankful that someone is seeing what im seeing as the advisor wasn't having any of it!
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Do come back & let us know what happens & welcome to the forum 

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous and i sure will!

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcome @Anonymous