Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service

Franco999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have two phones.  One was stoled and recovered without the SIM.  O2 chat was excellent at blocking the phone, unblocking it and telling me that the new SIM was free.  I said on two occasions that I would collect the new SIM from the Stamford shop, to avoid waiting for the post.  I was told that there would be notes on the file to make getting the new SIM easy.

No one said that I would need photo ID.  The staff in the Stamford follow the 'computer says no' school of customer service, so even with my other phone and knowledge of what had happened, they would not look at my account.  I was told to contact customer services.  A 25 mile wasted journey and I will have to wait for the post to deliver the new SIM.  I have had much better service from the O2 shop in Leicester, but that is twice the distance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Photo ID is the rule I'm afraid and a good one too.
I agree you should have been told about it first though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll also need to call customer services when you have the SIM.to remove the account bar

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I understand your frustration but in fairness...you did have your phone/sim stolen. Without proof of ID you could have been anyone?

Having said that.... I would have been kicking myself at the complete waste of time slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

In a perfect world it should have been pointed out to you prior to your wasted trip.

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Live Chat at its very best again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7