Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Apple Watch

mks1801
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Given the news about Apple Watch going to smaller networks in US. Does this mean others in the UK like O2 may finally be getting the software and hardware to enable them.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 have alread stated they won't be.....but who knows? Certainly no one on here I'm afraid.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

Q.Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
 O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

I think personally that the Apple Watch 4 will be released before any off-chance of O2 supporting The watch 3.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 have alread stated they won't be.....but who knows? Certainly no one on here I'm afraid.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

Q.Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
 O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

I think personally that the Apple Watch 4 will be released before any off-chance of O2 supporting The watch 3.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It’s nothing to do with distribution of devices to smaller networks or any deals with Apple.
It’s purely a network investment to make the hardware work with the network which O2 are not prepared to do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Sir-Gawaine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If the Apple Watch is supported in Germany under the O2 name & in Spain under Telefonica, why isn’t it in the UK? Certainly while we’re still in the EU any such deals done by networks should be union wide. Yet again the UK get stitched up, it wouldn’t & isn’t tolerated in other EU nations. Grrrrrrrrrr 😡

Message 4 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I’m not an expert on the subject but it’s possible the Spanish and German networks systems could accommodate the required changes to adopt eSIM more easily than O2 in the UK can. Or Telefonica felt the watch would sell better introduced to those markets first

Speaking as someone who has a cellular Apple Watch on EE and has done since the series 3 launched you really aren’t missing much. You can count the number of times I have used the watch independently from the phone using the cellular feature on one hand and if it wasn’t for the fact I receive significant discounts on my lines on EE it really wouldn’t be worth having the cellular version of the watch at all

Message 5 of 8

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I updated my watch last month to a series 4 and sprung for the cellular version, just to future proof in case O2 do end up offering esim/apple watch contracts. Was discounted through the website I brought it from so ended up paying same price as non-cellular.

I run a lot so would get massive use of having my watch fully connected, I do currently leave my phone at home, but on long runs would feel much safer if was able to make calls, which is main reason I wanted cellular.

Saying that id also appreciate being able to leave my phone at home when on night outs / Days out, leave phone in the car / walking the dog / quick trip to the shops, phones are just getting too big to carry around in pockets, I also downgraded from the max version of the XS iPhone, big phones are great when sat at home etc, but on the move just did my head in..lol

Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Good news @Number_3, @mks1801, @Sir-Gawaine, the Apple Watch Series 4 is now available with O2! 

You can read all about it here wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Martin-O2  not if youre a business customer ..... "angry Face"

Message 8 of 8