cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving voicemail messages until turn on 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone can you help me, I've had this problem for some time now, if I miss a call and the caller leaves a message on voicemail I don't get it until I connect to 3G, also this week I've not been getting text messages until I connect to 3G, could someone tell me what's going on.
I have checked my settings and they are all correct as per the text off O2 for the settings.
One other thing is that 3G coverage is rubbish now (it wasn't ) my home town was brilliant for 3G but now it's hit and miss with it
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
3G is for data connection.

What's your service status saying ?

http://status.o2.co.uk

Sometimes switching to 2g if your phone allows it can help.

Try settings , general , reset , reset network settings and or Hold the Top Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
As vvm needs a mobile data signal to deliver it over 2g data gprs or edge it will take a long time to deliver it to the iphone.

If you get notification but cannot listen on vvm dial 901 to listen it over the normal voice mail box.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done all the reset stuff loads of times, an example of what I mean about voicemail is as follows...
My friend rings me while I'm at work, I don't answer cos phone is in my locker, and she leaves a voice msg say she rings on Monday, now I don't have 3G on all the time so say it's now Thursday and I turn 3G on I then get a msg saying I have voicemail which is the msg that my friend left on Monday.
I know 3G is for data I'm a bit of a techy but this is baffling me
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried turning voicemail off and then back on.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you need a replacement sim?

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes many times
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Failing that give CS a call to make sure your account is ok.

202 contract.
4445 Payg.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you find a proper solution for this - I've gone to the "solved" thread but can't figure out from there which was the "proper" solution I should try?
Message 10 of 11