cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being able to use 3 credit cards issued in new zealand

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am slowly going mad.

I have tried ro use 3 x CC's to pay 20 pounds. I tried this in London to no avail and now if Corfu I have tried again with no luck at all about 20 times.

One card is what I paid with and the other 2 CC's I use all the time in London

Rwo cards are actually in credit and one is not over its limit.

What do I do now ???? As each time when dialing 4444, about 50 times now it says sorry your bank has declined payment.

Probably best I start again with some one else in Corfu.

I have to say your contact system is not what I call user friendly at all, in fact damn hard work to make any progress at all. YOU ARE LIKE ALL THESE ORGAINSIATIONS YOU SIMPLY DO NOT WISH PEOPLE TO RING OR EMAIL WITH THEIR PTROBLEMS !!!!!!

THNAK YOU

A W NORBERT-MUNNS

PH NUMBER: [Removed]

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Contact numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but you can’t use a non uk card on o2 website directly.
If you want to top up with a foreign card you need to use this site
https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Contact numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but you can’t use a non uk card on o2 website directly.
If you want to top up with a foreign card you need to use this site
https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You can use cards to top up when abroad as long as they are registered with O2 whilst you were in the UK

When I was payg and wanted to top up abroad I never had any issues using any of the three cards I had registered. This was done via the automated top up line 4444

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
But not cards issued in New Zealand.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But not cards issued in New Zealand.

Oh no...they wouldn't have been accepted anyway...grin

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
For sure slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am  now more confused than ever.

02 certainly does make it easy to do simple tasks.

All I want is 20 pounds onto my account so I can use the phone in Europe, all so so simple ??

Tony

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am  now more confused than ever.

02 certainly does make it easy to do simple tasks.

All I want is 20 pounds onto my account so I can use the phone in Europe, all so so simple ??

Tony

Then use the link above given by @MI5 Tony. It allows you to top up via Paypal https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/ Other than that, if you have a friend in the UK who can buy you a voucher then they can give you the code which you can use

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Or when in uk, buy a voucher from a shop or supermarket.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a 100% DIS-SATISFIED 02 MEMBER.

I BOUGHT A 20 POUND SIM CARD ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO IN THE KINGS ROAD SHOP AND SAID I WAS HEADING TO CORFU AND OTHER COUNTRIES AND I ASKED ABOUT PREPARING TO PAY FOR SUCH A SERVICE.

I WAS TOLD VERY CLEARLY THAT YOU RING 4444 AND GIVE YOUR CC DETAILS AND ALL WILL OVER TAKE FROM THERE.

I TRIED IN LONDON ABOUT 25 TIMES WITH 3 X NEW ZRALAND CC CARDS AND SAME IN CORFU AND ON ALL OCCASSIONS I WAS TOLD THAT MY CARD HAD BEEN DECLINED BY MY BANK OF NEW ZEALAND + KIWI BANK + QCARD, ALL BEING BLACK PLATINUM CARDS AND TWO ARE ACTUALLY IN  CREDIT.

I CANNOT GET ONTO A REAL PERSON TO ADDRESS MY PROBLEM SO I AM NOW LEFT TO THROWING THE SIM CARD INTO THE AEGEAN SEA AND SAYING GOODBYE FOR EVER. 02'S LOSS AND I SIMPLY DO NOT CARE ANY LONGER ????????????

ALL SIMPLY A SHOCKER FROM THEIR PERSON TO PERSON SERVICE.THEY SIMPLY DO NOT CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY ARE YOU SUCH DIFFICULT PEOPLE TO CONTACT. I WISH I COULD USE BETTER LANGUAGE ABOUT WHAT I THINKL OF YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO CALL ME..

TONY N-M

Message 10 of 13