Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

No solo card in activation. what to do?

Hello guys,

I am trying to activate my new brand iphone. Everything went ok until it asked me for a £100 deposit.

I have the money and I am willing to pay it. The only problem is that it only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Maestro, and I have a Solo card. I've tried choosing the maestro option, but it won't accept it...

So as you can see, I am stuck in a stupid problem. Any ideas/solutions??
Anonymous

only thing you can do is get someone else to pay it for you.
Anonymous

Hey,

Maestro & Solo are pretty much the same thing, also some Solo cards are Visa - It's very complicated.. but yeah!

So try Visa, if you've tried Maestro..

After that, I would suggest you phoned o2 and asked what to do, if your ultra super lucky, they may say you haven't got to pay it Smiley Tongue

..Good luck!!
Anonymous

Solo is it's own thing.

If the logo isn't there you can't use it. Ring them and see if they can take it on the phone or see if a friend can pay for you and give them the money.
Anonymous

Part of the credit check for iPhone's is that it cannot be purchased with a Solo or Electron Card or with cash. The logic in the deposit site is that you must have had a Visa/Maestro/Mastercard etc to buy the phone in the 1st place so you could use the same one again. This is the problem if someone else buys on your behalf or you receive the iPhone as a gift.
Anonymous

do what id di get you mom to let you use her card to sign up then go to your billing page and change the details to your SOLO details
Anonymous

do what id di get you mom to let you use her card to sign up then go to your billing page and change the details to your SOLO details

That feature is currently unavailable within your account :robotsad:
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/feat ... epaid.html

Everyone should have one of these in their armoury.
Anonymous

watch what type of pre paid card you get, virgin charges you a percentage of the transaction but no monthly fee cashplus charge a monthly fee but no transaction fee. The virgin one also gives discounts on other virgin products.... they all cost around a £10
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
prepaid cards do have their pros and cons, like not improving your credit rating, http://www.breadmarket.co.uk/credit/pre ... -cards.php weighs up all the pros and cons.