cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, hoping someone can help!  I upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, on the 16th December, although as the 5 was a christmas present I didn't actually have the phone until yesterday.  Suring the period of time between ordering the 5 and Christmas day I was able to use my iPhone 4 as normal.  

The iPhone 5 is still saying no service, and I suspect the sim hasn't activated.  I removed the sim from the iPhone 4 and and reset it (to give to my daughter!) and I hoped this would kick start the sim in the 5!!!

I've restarted the 5 numerous times, and also reset the network settings, but still no service!  Any ideas what else I could do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just put your old sim back into the iPhone 4 then txt swap to 20220 and follow the instructions:)

Don't worry it's easily solved:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you actually done a sim swap?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't done anything, I presumed (wrongly it seems!) that as i upgraded through o2, that it would all be done for me!

I read about sim swap this morning, and put in my phone number but of course because I reset the iPhone 4, I have no way of accessing the text message!

Message 3 of 4

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just put your old sim back into the iPhone 4 then txt swap to 20220 and follow the instructions:)

Don't worry it's easily solved:)
Message 4 of 4