Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

No service after upgrade to iphone 7

Hi, I have just upgraded from the iphone 6 to iphone 7. My new phone has been all set up using itunes and I inserted the new sim card but it is saying no service. I was just wondering if this will set up over 24 hours or whether I need to do anything to the new sim to activate it.
Both iphones use the nano sim card so can put my old sim into the new phone and it'll still work or do I need to use the new sim? I'm on a slightly different tarrif so not sure if they'll be the same?
Thanks! 👍🏼
Anonymous

Re: No service after upgrade to iphone 7

It should just update on O2's systems & all you need to do is put your current sim in your new phone. Any problems call customer service

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,379

The new sim is just a blank spare if needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

Great, thank you! I checked my o2 account and it has been upgraded to the new tariff so I will put my old sim in the new phone! Thanks for the help :-)
Former Staff

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome you to our community! Please come and say hi to everyone here! Wave

We are glad to see that @MI5 and @Anonymous helped you!!! heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous how's the iPhone 7 compared to the 6? Smiley Happy I'm tempted...

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature