cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after upgrade to iphone 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have just upgraded from the iphone 6 to iphone 7. My new phone has been all set up using itunes and I inserted the new sim card but it is saying no service. I was just wondering if this will set up over 24 hours or whether I need to do anything to the new sim to activate it.
Both iphones use the nano sim card so can put my old sim into the new phone and it'll still work or do I need to use the new sim? I'm on a slightly different tarrif so not sure if they'll be the same?
Thanks! 👍🏼
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should just update on O2's systems & all you need to do is put your current sim in your new phone. Any problems call customer service

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should just update on O2's systems & all you need to do is put your current sim in your new phone. Any problems call customer service

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The new sim is just a blank spare if needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thank you! I checked my o2 account and it has been upgraded to the new tariff so I will put my old sim in the new phone! Thanks for the help 🙂
Message 4 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome you to our community! Please come and say hi to everyone here! Wave

We are glad to see that @MI5 and @Anonymous helped you!!! heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how's the iPhone 7 compared to the 6? slight_smile I'm tempted...

Message 6 of 6