Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service abroad

CVI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son is in France and his phone says no service. I have spoken to o2 twice and the first time the lady said she was changing a setting that it could take up to 24 hours. After 24 hours still the same so I called again, I was told there was a second setting that need changing, another 24 hours usually but would be done in 2 hours.... another 24 hours later and still no service. He has tried changing the apn to mobile.o2.co.uk and still nothing. He has an Iphone SE. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Interestingly though, I know someone who took an EE contract in store with CPW and They had an international roaming bar on their account, so maybe different if you buy in store to online?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I can't understand it either.

I can only tell you of my experience with a phone bought from CPW on the O2 network. I was in regular contact with my grandson whilst he was away, so know for a fact he had no issues and certainly no roaming bars.

He has the S9+.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 24

SteveD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to update that this has now been resolved. There was a roaming bar in place! I had to push this pretty hard to get it fixed.

Message 23 of 24

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It could only be that.
Lucky you found someone who knew how to fix the second level bar.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24