cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet whilst taking a call

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new o2 customer since (fri 3rd September), I have a iphone 6 and a 4g tariff however I have some issues browsing the web whilst on a call.

Basically I have full 4g reception, as soon as I make a call, the 4g will turn into 3g. A few moments later the 3g symbol will also disappear a few seconds into the call.

When I select safari the web page attempts to load but then suddenly comes up with an error message saying ‘mobile data connections are not available during this call’.

As soon as I end the call, the 4g signal will return and I can continue to browse with no problems.

My friend who is currently sat right next to me at work, she has a iphone 5s on and old 3g tariff and she can browse the internet whilst on a call with no issue.

I have since spoke to an o2 ‘guru’ on live chat with no success, he told me to reset my network settings ect but no luck.

Can anyone one here help me out…?

Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It should stay on 3g - Get the phone checked out first....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

right, i shall go to apple and see what they have to say...

thanks for all the help guys.:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No problem mate - Let us know slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope the diagnostic goes ok.
Message 15 of 15