cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data abroad in Europe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm in Austria and can't get online with my iphone 6 - keep being told I don't have a data package which I do. This has happened in Italy and France as well. I've turned off 4G but that doesn't help. 

Impossible to get through to O2 on the phone - get cut off. If this can't be sorted I'm leaving O2 when I get back to the UK.

Thanks for any tips

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

We went to France the day the cap was moved coincidentally and it hasn't worked since. A visit to an O2 shop there was a waste of time. They told me to sort it out back in the UK but of course it all works fine there.

Message 21 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's the wrong data package....
What is your apn?
iData or mobile?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
idata
Message 23 of 32

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try temporarily changing it to mobile.o2.co.uk
It's a letter o not the number 0
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to check in My O2 to see if you have the idata bolt on. If not customer service will change it or you could change the apn to mobile.o2.co.uk 

Message 25 of 32

Bydandie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, did your visual voicemail work?

Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG that's worked! Do I keep it on that while abroad and change back to idata when back in the UK? How weird - any idea why this works?? Thanks so much

Message 27 of 32

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The reason is because of the wrong data apn on your account.
Leave it as it is as you are abroad but when you get home, call customer services and ask them to put you on iData, then change the apn back.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. Thank you so much clap

Message 29 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When you get back you need to change your data bolt on to idata and change the apn back to idata.o2.uk so that all features such as visual voicemail work.

The reason it is working now is that you have the standard data bolt on and you now have the correct apn for that particular bolt on.

Wrong bolt ons usually happen when upgrading or changing tariff or going from android to an iPhone. Hopefully you can now enjoy your time overseas roaming like home grin

Message 30 of 32