cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular data since ios7 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I downloaded ios7 on my iPhone 5 I have not been able to access the internet at all when I am away from a wifi connection. Even when my phone says I have a 3G connection and I try to access my emails or anything on the internet- it says no internet connection. Before the update it worked fine. Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? Thanks
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

freewilll
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this error:

could not activate cellular network
you are not subscribed to a cellular data service

when roaming in France and Belgium. I tried long and hard to fix this but had been stumped for years to the point of coming close to wanting to leave O2.

And then I finally tried using mobile.o2.co.uk on my SIM only contract for cellular data... and it worked :).

1 Go to settings -> cellular -> cellular data options -> cellular data network -> CELLULAR DATAsettings -> cellular -> cellular data options -> cellular data network
2. In CELLULAR DATA, change idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk
3. Reboot phone

I think it might have something to do with this: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/using-iPhone-on-non-iPhone-tariff/td-p/9...

since my original phone was on android and I upgraded to an iPhone at one point.

This has been annoying me for years and never had internet in some european countries, until now in Belgium.

Message 31 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You are on the wrong data tariff.
You need to call customer service and ask to be put onto idata for iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

At the moment every time you reboot the phone the tariff will alter. It's been a known problem on here for years. Usually a combination of incorrect bolt on and APN resulting in the incorrect bolt on of BlackBerry as standard data. 

Message 33 of 33