cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Visual Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a new 02 sim (pay monthly) which i bought two days ago and just ported my old number to.

The VV doesnt work at all. Its just the 'normal' voicemail that the other networks have. i.e. when i dial the number 901 I get the messages played to back to me but not the visual representation i am supposed to have.

I have dialed 1760 to turn it off then 1750 to turn it back on

I have reset network settings

i have texted STATE to 9011 

None of these work.

in case it is relevant, in Settings- Phone- Change Voicemail password, when i enter a new passcode twice, the phone hangs on the keypad screen saying 'saving password'....

I waited for 20 mins on hold to 02 customer service and they say the above should work.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Ed.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to make sure you have the iData bolt on on your account.
Call CS to check as VVM will never work without it http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but the solution in the apple link doesnt work because my phone is hanging when i try and enter a password in the settings screen.....

Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

And CS have never heard of the idata bolt on.

i've looked at my account on line and its not a bolt on listed.

i've gone into mobile settings and the APN is the idata.o2.co.uk one already. is this right?

Message 6 of 27

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's the correct apn if you have the idata bolt on. I don't know who you spoke to but to say they have never heard of it is criminal. What is showing in My O2??

Message 7 of 27

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call CS and tell them you want the data for iPhone bolt on on your account.
VVM will start working once this has been changed and the system updated at midnight on the day it's changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie

thanks fro the reply.

Which info from my02 are you after?

Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It no longer states the tariff type in your MyO2 but it used to. That's what jonsie was asking for.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 27