Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

No Service caused by Carbon Fiber Hard Case ?

Hi

Like so many others i was suffering with " No Service " or " Searching " even in areas where i know the signal is good with my 3GS for the last week or so.

I had also bought a real carbon fiber hard case from a well known maker just recently .

Then i took the carbon case off and put on the old plastic one i had used for ages and guess what ??

My signal is so much better without the carbon cover and i get 3G signal in my house again like i always used to.

I dont know why i didnt click about it earlier on but that real carbon fiber case really seems to reduce the signal level reaching my phone .

May seem hard to believe but ive tried it in several locations and always better signal without the hard carbon case.

Strange but true .... Pity cause i really liked the look of the carbon fiberSmiley Mad

Anonymous

Re: No Service caused by Carbon Fiber Hard Case ?

I'm sure I read somewhere may have been macrumour forums some were having issues with certain poly carbon cases / covers I suppose it's like everything else technically your covering / shielding the device so it will to a very minimal degree affect your signal did ou try you sim in any other 3G handsets to test the quality?
Anonymous

Sitting in my seat just now with the plastic case im getting 3 bars on E .

If i put the carbon fiber case on it goes to 1 bar on E and sometimes " searching or no service "

The phone is in the exactly the same position.

It has to be blocking the signal slightly .

Im quite happy really because i thought my phone was broken although i did like the carbon case.

Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,838
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,309

thare are a few youtube videos showing the effect on cell and wifi signal of a carbon fiber case.

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services