cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card installed error

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone randomly popped up with a message saying 'no SIM card installed' even though the SIM card is in, I've removed it countless times and restarted my phone many times, nothing has worked, is my sim faulty or will it be the phone?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous It's most likely a faulty sim. Easiest thing to do is to take it to your nearest O2 store and they will swap you for a new sim with your correct details on it. Be sure to bring some identification with you.

This may sound like a silly suggestion, but just make sure you've put the sim in the right way before going to the store to swap. Might save yourself a trip.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If the new sim doesn't fix the problem you would be better to let Apple look at the phone rather than O2 but get a new sim card first from the O2 store.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's not uncommon for sim readers to fail either so prepare the phone for replacement, if under warranty and make a full backup to iTunes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on? Did you manage to find out what the issue was in the end?

Message 5 of 5