cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have put my new sim in my phone and have followed instructions about entering phone number but as there is no service on my phone I can't see how I am to be texted a code. What's the solution please?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Use this online form here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your old sim is the right size to fit in your new phone then a sim swap is not required.

Just use the original unless your on a 4G tariff and your old sim does not say 4G on it.

The swap will move your current number and tariff to the new sim via a code being sent to your original sim.

If for any reason this is not possible then any O2 shop can perform the swap for you or perhaps customer services as a last resort. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have found the form. But my phone has no service since the swap from EE so how am I to be texted?
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have a new phone. I swapped from Ee to O2. Beginning to regret it.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've ported from ee to 02 then you'll need to speak to ee customer services first and then O2.

Turn your phone off and in to see if that resets the connection.

Help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have a new phone. I swapped from Ee to O2.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done that - both things.
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can't unfortunately if the number has been disconnected by EE. You need to contact customer service.

Contact us or try webchat.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, I wasn't to know you had ported from EE.
If the sim swap has started, which it sounds like it has, you just need to put your O2 sim in the phone (assuming phone is unlocked) and keep on rebooting it until you get a signal - It can take up to 24 hours to work fully.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14