cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iphone7 has old itunes logins on it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm just setting up the 'new' iphone 7 I've just received, however I've had a couple of requests to input itunes passwords for two different email addresses which are not mine.

Is there any way to get rid of these?  Or should I get onto O2 and ask them why they've sent me a used iphone when it's supposed to be new?

Their online chat seems to be down at the moment and I don't have time for a lengthy phone call at the moment.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Or should I get onto O2 and ask them why they've sent me a used iphone when it's supposed to be new?

Yes, this is exactly what you should do......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

Dave111
Level 4: Observant
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I had this issue with my brand new iPhone 7 plus (of course, purchased from CarPhoneWarehouse) otherwise I would still be waiting!!!!

I found out this was coming from one of my installed apps, which I removed immediately and solved the problem...

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
But that must have been an email address you were familiar with @Dave111 ?
However, I did have a random email address registered on my 4s which Apple couldn't explain (they even confirmed I had activated the phone with my email address but there was a different one showing in the diagnostics info screen).
This was a few years ago now so no idea if it's the same or even a similar issue to the op's?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Dave111
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

no, it was an unknown account address, so googled it and the answer was that it was probably from an app, so checked the ones that hadn't copied over and removed them, problem then solved

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Interesting... I wonder if that was my problem too, but too late for me to check now anyways.....!

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Dave111
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

if unsure what app it is, don't restore from backup, install in iTunes as a new phone

Message 8 of 8