Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iphone5 / New Nano Sim / Unlocked

RoVicMoves
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya all,  could anyone please help / advise ..... I'm buying a new still sealed in the box i5 then swap my present i4s sim for a new nano sim and keep my number, what i need to know is are all i5s unlocked until the new sim has been put in, Cause the i5 I'm buying isn't coming from O2 but anther operator ......

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unless the iphone 5 has been bought sim free from Apple, it will be locked to the original network. If it was bought from an independent such as CPW it will lock to the first network sim inserted.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unless the iphone 5 has been bought sim free from Apple, it will be locked to the original network. If it was bought from an independent such as CPW it will lock to the first network sim inserted.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a bit cheeky of CPW advertising they were selling the iPhone 5 sim free at sim free prices and then had a small disclaimer about it locking to the first network sim !

This is why I bought mine from my local apple high street store.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah "cheeky" is a polite word for them but I felt I needed to remain within the grounds of good manners on the boards !

Lol.
Message 5 of 8

RoVicMoves
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well my nice new i5 was indeed locked to the other operator ;( plus they won't unlock it for me for three months from the date I bought it. So I'm now forced to have to use two phones! Alas my i5 is stuck with "THAT" other network (On PAYG) and I'm having to use my O2 with a another sub standard phone ;( O'well only three months ;))))
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
...or you could just leave the iphone at home and use one phone, instead of trying to look like a drug pusher. 😉
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could sell the locked iPhone 5 and use the money to help fund buying a factory unlocked one !
Message 8 of 8