Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer can send but not receive after number port

Paul-7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since my number was ported last week, I can make calls and send SMS, but incoming calls and texts from most people are not being received. However, when O2 customer services call me, it comes through.

I think what is happening is that calls from some other networks (e.g. vodafone) are routing to my old provider (lebara) and they are getting my old voicemail. It's like Lebara haven't completed their side of the port fully.

So far, O2 customer services have been useless. At first they said give it 24 hours for the port to complete. Then after 24 hours they said give it 3 days. Now they seem clueless.

Things I've tried:

Full network reset on my phone (iphone 13)

Phone restart

Putting my sim in another phone

None of this helped.

I put my old sim in another phone  and then started receiving texts and calls but couldn't make any calls or send texts from that phone.

Anyone understand the technicalities well enough to suggest where the problem might be?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Paul-7 

It's a split port and sounds like lebara haven't updated their call routing files correctly.

I suggest you start with them but also keep on to O2 to check things at their end.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Paul-7 

It's a split port and sounds like lebara haven't updated their call routing files correctly.

I suggest you start with them but also keep on to O2 to check things at their end.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2