Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: New SIM card for iphone 5

@Anonymous wrote:

according to the iphone 5 info on O2 the Nano-SIM will be made available for contract phones only and will not decide until general release about sims for PAYG.....

Looks like I'm jumping to Three then.

Well done O2, I was perfectly happy on your network and simply by keeping your mouth shut you've made me want to leave.

Anonymous

That's all i had to do when I bought the iPhone 4 direct from Apple & needed a micro sim.  I just took the print out of my order into the O2 store a few days before the phone was released and they gave me a new sim.  I'm on PAYG.  I'm assuming it will be exactly the same this time.

Anonymous

Yeah, can't be that niche since this is what I want to do as well, actually looking it up brought me here.

So I'll be buying the phone direct from Apple, then I guess going to my nearest O2 on the 21st to get a nano sim swap. Seems like an odd way to do it, but at least I'll have the phone.

Anonymous

Seems to be a lot of us in this "niche club" on here! I had hoped to do the same as I did for the iphone 4, 2 years ago. Bought from Apple and took printed receipt to a store they gave me a micro sim and I migrated to the new sim through the O2 website via the process they have already set up the pages for. I'm on a cheap contract from years ago rather than a PAYG though.