cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Carrier update 24.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I had a prompt to install new carrier settings at the weekend. My version is now O2 24.1. I have since noticed that it has removed the option to select 4G/3G/2G and replaced it with the old enable 4G toggle. I am really annoyed as I live in a marginal 3G area so often lock my phone to 2G when at home.

I hope this is reversed in a future update.

Graham.
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I tried calling O2 customer service who blamed Apple. Will try and go down complaints route 😊
Message 21 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck & let us know what happens @Anonymous

Message 22 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can assure you 100% this is o2's decision and has nothing to do with Apple at all - you can prove it by putting a different network sim in and applying their carrier update to see all the choices returned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's not Apple at all which is why I was annoyed when I called up Customer Service for O2 and they continued blaming Apple and trying to put me through to someone lol. I am unsure why it's just happened to the 6S though. I'm going to try and complain if I can. 

Message 24 of 59

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know what they say.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 59

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I only just received the carrier update just now on my iPhone 6. I can still see the toggle, however, it now seems to be buried slightly deeper than prior the update:

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Date Options > Voice & Data > 4G/3G/2G Perhaps this is why the 6S users are now saying that they can't see the toggle?

I'm pretty certain than before the Carrier Update, the toggle was found somewhere within the roaming options.

What does the update entail anyway?

Message 26 of 59

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 27 of 59

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

IOS 9.3.2 Carrier Update 24.1 Only

When you now choose Mobile Data > Mobile Data options > You now get the following optiions

Enable 4G (On / Off)  (You no longer see Voice and Data Toggle)

Data Roaming (On / Off)

Mobile Data Network (All the settings for Visual Voice Mail, MMS, Mobile Data.

OS Carrier Update 24.0 did have the 4G > 3G > 2G Toggle and still does (Confirmed)

OS Carrier Update 24.1 Has Enable 4G (On / Off) Setting Only for iphone 6s and 6S plus. All other Iphones that have Carrier Update 24.1 still has the Toggle from what Im seeing in other forums too

I can also Advise that if you have a Iphone 6s plus running IOS10.

Currently this Carrier Revision is 24.5.6

You still have the Voice and Data Toggle: 4G, 3G, 2G

So the option is there on IOS 10 Carrier 24.5.6. slight_smile

Hope this helps

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 28 of 59

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Does the Carrier update actually improve anything though? If not, what is the point of all these carrier updates anyway??

Smiley Indifferent

Message 29 of 59

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

Does the Carrier update actually improve anything though? If not, what is the point of all these carrier updates anyway??

Smiley Indifferent

It makes people feel good....

Message 30 of 59