Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: Nano sim - where have you tried and the result

just tried my local store which is the chelmsford branch and they have no nano sims in stock and have no idea when they will be getting them.

would be handy if there was a list of stores on the o2 website that lists stock.

kazrobo - that was posted up yesterday, but it appears the stores we have tried so far either dont want to give us a sim or dont have stock
Anonymous

They most likely won't have stock until Friday when phone is released

Anonymous

Just called the store at Thurmaston Leicester who apparently only have enough nano sims for the phones they sell.

Thanks O2. Nice to see where your loyalties lie.
Anonymous

Just called two stores:

O2 Westfield London - Will have them on Wednesday

O2 Westfield Stratford - Don't know when they will get them, but guessed probably on Friday

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Stuart1983...

I'm not a troll, I'm someone who has an active interest in this thread because it affects me. I'm not sure if you're an O2 employee or just someone who likes to repeatedly state the same "facts" so as to confuse a situation that's already confusing!

My nano-sim will NOT be in the box as I've ordered my "box" direct from Apple. And, as for your claims that the nano-sims will be released on Friday...well, maybe they will - but that contradicts what O2 are now saying about this situation.

Please stop posting comments in the style of "facts" as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  This thread is for people to post success or failure stories on which O2 stores they've visited, it's not for you to occasionally chirp up with misleading comments that this is a lost cause.

Anonymous

Just phoned O2 In Rochdale.

Asked the sales assistant about Nano sim availability, advised they will be given out on Friday. Informed them about the public announcement on the o2 website and asked if they had stock. Was told they had stock, went to speak to manager, advised would be given out Friday.

Got them to navigate to the article on the site. They went to speak to manager again, now advised they don't have any but welcome to phone up again in the afternoon and see if they have arrived and come collect.

Anonymous

Just called O2 Fleet Street - Defo not today and was under the impression it's on Thursday when they get it in

Pointed him to the website/FAQ but stated regardless of that, they have not had any deliveries of nano sims today nor are they expected it

Anonymous

three.com - ordered a Nano SIM last friday and it came this morning. Couldn't have been simplier to be honest. Take note O2 - you are now losing customers due to your own inneptitude...

Anonymous

Bristol, Clifton Down Shopping Centre. Just took delivery of a nano SIM - the staff couldn't be nicer.

Called Bradley Stoke O2 but staff said not expecting delivery till Wed.

Anonymous

I've just been into the O2 shop in Sale, South Manchester and spoke to a girl named Heather. I explained to her that I was an O2 customer on a pay monthly Simplicity contract and that I had pre-ordered an iPhone 5 direct from Apple which will be delivered this Friday. I told her that it uses a nano sim and could they supply me with one. She told me that they don't have any nano sims and she has no idea when they will. I left her my name and number and asked if she would call me back when they did, to which she agreed.

Shortly after I had left the shop she called me back to tell me that any nano sims they do have will be reserved for customers purchasing an iPhone 5 through O2 and not through other means (i.e. direct from Apple). I explained to her that it clearly states on the O2 website that nano sims will be available to O2 customers from Monday 17th September, even if they purchase their iPhone 5 from Apple. She told me that she was not aware of this information. She also advised me that the O2 store in Sale was a franchise and was not operated by O2 themselves and that they have different rules and that I might be better trying the O2 store in the Trafford Centre which apparently is operated by O2 directly. I thought that was a really poor excuse, quite embarissing really!

So basically, there is no consistent information coming from O2, in fact it appears to be conflicting, and their customer service is piss poor.