Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Nano Sim Tray Different colour?

Onmy iPhone 5 (Black) The sim tray is a lighter colour then the Unibody shell. Its rather noticable and annoying actually. Is anyone elses like this? I'd assume CPWH will just tell me to Eff off ?

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Nano Sim Tray Different colour?

Hmm mine is like that I hadn't noticed.

I'm annoyed at you now for making me look hahaSmiley Tongue

I can only presume its a different alloy obviously it has to take a bit more stress than the rest of the iPhone.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Ha ! Sorry...... lol

I wonder if the White is the same? Id assume it would be less noticeable one the white... Well silver whatever you wanna call it!

Level 44: Clearly Talented

I'm not sure I am interested now hahaSmiley Happy

I don't know if anyone who has the white is actually on these forums hopefully ill be proved wrongSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

I have a case on mine that covers the sides (to avoid scuffing) so its not really an issue for me.  I don't intend taking my sim out that regularly.

Anonymous

I have a white and you can notice it. Not sure if that's due to the outline of the slot though.
Not really a problem though as I don't tend to sit looking at the side of the phone. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Onmy iPhone 5 (Black) The sim tray is a lighter colour then the Unibody shell. Its rather noticable and annoying actually. Is anyone elses like this? I'd assume CPWH will just tell me to Eff off ?

I've just looked at my black iPhone 5 and its the exact same colour as the rest.

Anonymous

Ive checked out the iphones in my local 02 shops and other high street shops, and they look to match the rest of the antenna coating.

However i have seen a few posts on macrumors supported by pictures that some don't quite match in colour.

Problem is these sim trays are embossed with the imei number of the iphone, and as such it may not be possible for your supplier to send a replacement as this could cause an issue if a warranty issue occurs or you come to sell the iphone on later in its life.

Or you could ask for one which matches and simply keep the original to re insert when the need occurs !
Level 17: Luminescent

@Liquid wrote:

I can only presume its a different alloy obviously it has to take a bit more stress than the rest of the iPhone.

Hahahaha!  I'm annoyed I read this thread!  If mine comes a different colour its going to annoy me hehe Smiley Happy 

Samsung S8
Anonymous

@Pickles wrote:

@Liquid wrote:

Hahahaha!  I'm annoyed I read this thread!  If mine comes a different colour its going to annoy me hehe Smiley Happy 

Im kind of OCD and this would annoy me too.

Perhaps we may have to order the touch up pen our friends across the pond are using to touch up the coating on the antenna band !

This type of pen is usually used on the black parts of a rifle !