cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My volume button on my Iphone doesnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a recontitioned phone less than 6 months ago. The first handset they sent didnt work at all.

My current handset has a fault on the 'turndown' volume switch. It was working but you really had to push it to make it work but now doesnt work at all. I havent dropped it or anything like that

Does anyone know if they will swap or fix my phone?!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it was an O2 reconditioned phone, I believe the warranty is only 90 days, but check your paperwork that came with the phone.
It's a fairly common fault and any repair shop should be able to fix it for you at a reasonable cost if you find that you are actually out of warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

As you've only had it for six months they'll certainly fix it for you under the warranty, but they won't swap it. They may give you a loaner while it's in for repair, but it will only be a basic phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

Try holding down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button together until the Apple logo appears and then let go and this will reset the phone.

If that does not help and its a hardware fault the If you have a local Apple Store then you can make a Genius Bar appointment where they will run a diagnostic ,and if the iPhone is indeed found to be at fault they typically swap the handset for you in store.

The appointment link is :

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If you don't have a local outlet then they do offer a send away service.

Check your warranty status here https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Just another avenue for you to explore.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it was an O2 reconditioned phone, I believe the warranty is only 90 days, but check your paperwork that came with the phone.
It's a fairly common fault and any repair shop should be able to fix it for you at a reasonable cost if you find that you are actually out of warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's either the remaining warranty or 90 days whatever is the longest.
Message 5 of 5