cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone shows searching and cannot get a signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

For two days in traveling from Devon to Llandeilo in Wales my phone just continues searching until it flattens the battery. I tried phoning you from a landline but you keep asking security questions but my mobile cannot receive and the hand set display does not show you questions. I can get emails as I have an email connection on the iPad. My wife has gift gaff with the same model phone and has no problem. How can I get reconnected. I was trying to tell you of a change of address but that seems to be in the too hard basket! In settings it says Network Not Available  - why?

Please help if you can.

Regards Nick

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So, have you tried the sim in a different phone? Your phone could be faulty.

Have you made a call in the last 3 months (if your pay and go)? If not, your account could be suspended and the number recycled.

I would consider network issues in the area, but your wife uses giffgaff and they run on o2, so cant be that.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  You may have a faulty sim, in which case you can go into an O2 store and they will give you a new one and they will swap your details onto it. You can change your address by logging in to your My O2 page.

Edit: You can call O2 on your wife's phone on 0800 032 1402, but you will be asked security questions to verify that it's your account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bambino I will try that.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have used the phone in the last week and I pay a monthly contract so one of the other reasons seems likely. Thanks for trying

Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can you check in myo2 from your ipad that the bill is paid etc. Or dare i suggest use live chat on the ipad .

Have you tried a straight sim out and clean ?

EDIT

You can as long as you can log in to myo2 on the ipad do the change of address etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

Have you made a call in the last 3 months (if your pay and go)? If not, your account could be suspended and the number recycled.

For clarity for others reading the thread it is 6 months as per and I quote

"7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number. "

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It has to be sim, phone or contract as giffgaff uses the same masts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did you find out what was causing your connection issue in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9