cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My care

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me what my care is? I've been sent an email asking for money but I've never signed up for it and don't know what it is? Is it a scam? 

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your advice. I've forwarded to o2 as phishing. 

This is part of the email:

image.png

Well thats the same info as the screenshot @viridis posted (except the amount due) Are you sure you don't owe anything on your bill?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 54

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Check your direct debit didn't bounce as well.
The email is genuine
Message 32 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry everyone, I've found out it's my beeping daughter's phone, late payment! But thank you!! 

Message 33 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So sorry everyone, I've found out it's my beeping daughter's phone, late payment! But thank you!! 

No problem. We found something new tonight.....(Well I did..... @viridis already knew...with his bleeping late payments through no fault of his own) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mystery solved - good news (but not for the bill payer ;))

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

An education for me as well. Glad that the OP came back to clarify the situation.:smileyhappy:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 36 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Strange that it's an email address that isn't widely known about. Not even, apparently, by O2 staff. Let's hope the OP comes back and lets us know exactly what they received. Until they do, we're only guessing.

I just feel that i should clarify that my preivous posts have acknowleged that the mycare email address is known about...

As the OP stated that the email was "asking for money" and we've indentified a small number of customers receiving phishing emails the way the post was writted suggested to me that they had received one of them.

Message 37 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
This thread clearly highlights the problem with "official" emails. So many people are wary of potential scams these days that they automatically think they are being scammed by every email or text that they receive.
Back on page 1 (I think) I advised the OP that mycare was (in the past) a genuine o2 email address but for avoidance of doubt, a call to CS should be made.
This would have confirmed instantly if it was genuine or not and in this case would have potentially saved a default on the account holders credit file (had it just been deleted and ignored as advised).
No one can accurately comment on account issues on here because we can't access accounts so unfortunately the only real answer to these types of question are to check with CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well now we all know now John that it's legit...if you don't pay your bill you will probably get an email from My Care....(thank god for direct debits I say ...from a personal perspective) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Strange that it's an email address that isn't widely known about. Not even, apparently, by O2 staff. Let's hope the OP comes back and lets us know exactly what they received. Until they do, we're only guessing.

I just feel that i should clarify that my preivous posts have acknowleged that the mycare email address is known about...

As the OP stated that the email was "asking for money" and we've indentified a small number of customers receiving phishing emails the way the post was writted suggested to me that they had received one of them.

With respect @Anonymous, I note in a previous post that you did say you knew about the email address, but you said:

"@Cleoriff the mycare email address was used to confirm unlatching requests, tariff changes ect. As for money, billing emails come from "O2 billing" o2shop@o2.com.

I'd be interested to see exactly what the email is asking for. Definitely sounds like phishing to me."

Nowhere did you say that the address had anything to do with late payments, which, as you are employed by O2, I would have thought you would know about. The correct explanation of what the address is for, in fact, came from @viridis, who is a customer, and who has, through no fault of his own, had first-hand experience with that particular email address.

We all learn here. It's why we participate.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 40 of 54